While we here at Bauman Engraving & Signs are doing well as a business in 2020, lots of others across the nation are not – and mostly it is not of their choice. After carefully following what has been going on, it has come time to address the elephant in the room - and I as the President and owner of BES never thought I would have to ever write what follows:
I am deeply saddened by what I see going on in our country, and in our state of Michigan and nearby Wisconsin (and worldwide for that matter). The politics and media fear mongering going on this year has been unprecedented, both in terms of the overreach of civil rights and liberties of United States citizens and the level of what should really be a private health issue. We have elected officials to represent us and uphold the law of the land - laws put in place by legislature. They work FOR us as we put them there. Some of those “officials” are actually breaking the law, as they are attempting to make things they say (i.e.: mandates) laws. Mandates are NOT laws (however Michigan’s governor is skating a fine line on that issue due to a 1945 Act that is being challenged heavily right now). Laws apply equally to everyone, with equal consequences. Most Sheriffs, police, and military will agree as they take an oath to uphold the Constitution. I will stand by them all day long as most are good people and do their jobs well in upholding our rights.
Mandates that contain exemptions and no penal codes to charge against are NOT laws. I think we need to be crystal clear on that. Mandates that I have seen are hypocritical and even discriminatory. That violates law on a very basic level that everyone should understand, especially businesses, as outlined in MI Penal Code, Chapter XXI - Civil Rights, 750.147 Denial of equal public accommodations. This isn’t about masks or the "greater good". This is ALL about our rights and civil liberties as defined on our Bill of Rights of the Constitution (both federal and state). We here at BES stand for freedom of choice in terms of health and disability issues, as we always have been, where one’s individual rights and Constitutional Law are respected.
In the spirit of critical thought and the basis of our basic freedoms, here are some very serious questions to ask yourselves regarding all of this. Throughout, links and sources are provided (many come from the same CDC and other mainstream sources the "authority" uses). Let's put on our critical thinking caps, shall we?:
• How can a state have both a recovery (i.e.: "safe start") AND an emergency at the same time? Isn't that non sequitur in definition?
• What has our government done to improve your health and natural immunity? Do you think masks, forced isolation, constant hand-washing and disinfecting help our immunity – or hurt it?
• Do you want control over your health decisions, or do you want the government to decide for you?
• Do you want government to decide your children’s health and education, or do you want that decision as their parent?
• Entities (businesses, organizations, individuals) that are mandating you to wear a mask is essentially imposing unsolicited medical advice and can be legally prosecuted for practicing medicine without a license. Businesses need to be VERY careful about this practice, as outlined in MI Penal Code 750.217d False representation as registered or licensed health professional which is a felony crime.
• IF masks and social distancing supposedly work - why do "CASES" keep rising, and therefore perpetuating lockdown measures??? (This should set off alarm bells for everyone right here. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SCHOOLS THIS FALL. WHEN THERE IS A RISE IN "CASES", ASK IF ANY STUDENTS/FACULTY HAVE ACTUALLY HAD A CLINICAL TEST OF CONFIRMATION - BECAUSE THEY WAY IT IS SET UP NOW THEY DON'T NEED IT TO LOCK THINGS DOWN AGAIN. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU?)
• What has our government done to help LOWER suicides and attempted suicides recently? Do you think longer "lockdown" measures, closing of businesses, unemployment, and mask wearing will help that, or make it much worse?
• Why are the "tests" they are incessantly pushing to potentially ruin your life very inaccurate? In a medical journal in July, it was found that almost 50% of Covid-19 tests are inaccurate. Yet "officials" are implementing consequences on these "tests" that are forcing people out of work, school, athletics, and possibly the close of their businesses and livelihoods (the recent issue of Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford comes to mind and what his wife had to say about it). I say one needs to be 100% scientifically accurate if one is to implement these draconian measures on citizens. THEN (and only then) can one truly "trust the science".
• Why was there a "pandemic exercise" in October of 2019 called Event 201 that called out nearly an identical scenario to what has happened in 2020? A little strange, don't you think?
Listen to the description from their website: "Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms." The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation played a part in this. Hello! Why aren't more people questioning this?
On the same note, there is a document from the Rockefeller Foundation called Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development that eerily describes what has happened and is happening right now - but this was published in 2010. Yes, I'd say there is an agenda at work here. It's obvious by looking at the evidence.
Once one understands that our real rulers are the Rockefeller's and the Rothschild's and other multi-billionaires, then you will understand. They do not care about you. George Carlin was right all along.
• Speaking of Bill Gates, did you know he's a supporter of eugenics (world de-population)? On a Ted Talk, he said as much...regarding vaccines: "First, we've got population. The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent. But there, we see an increase of about 1.3." Now in 2020 people are looking at him - a big tech magnate - to push vaccines to inject into us and our kids (healthy people or not) for a virus that has a very high recovery rate. This also should set off alarm bells for everyone.
• Looking at legitimate deaths on the CDC website, would you say we have an overwhelming epidemic worthy of shutdowns and putting healthy people on house arrest? Why haven’t we done the same for much more prevalent sicknesses before? Where is the science? Why does the CDC COMBINE pneumonia and influenza with Covid-19 (ILI's, or influenza-like-illnesses)? Wouldn't it be more useful to isolate Covid-19 by itself to get a more accurate number to base any actions on? How do you think this would hold up in a court of law? Why do people that die of Covid-19 treated the same as those that die with it (comorbidity)? Again, wouldn't it be more useful to isolate those to get more accurate numbers to base any harsh actions on us? Is it moral and just to assume "COVID-19 should be recorded on the medical certificate of cause of death for ALL decedents where the disease caused, or is assumed to have caused, or contributed to death."? (from the WHO)
• What does the United States of America mean to you - personally? What will you do to ensure your freedom and rights?
• Why should we put any faith in any vaccine to “save us” from a disease that has essentially a 96.6% recovery rate? Would you trust any vaccine that is rushed to market? Most take years to develop and test to gain approval from the FDA. As stated above, that rate is a combination of ILI's (influenza like illnesses) - not just Covid-19.
• Why should we put any faith cloth masks or face coverings to "protect" ourselves or others when the "curve" has been flattened long ago (in May - it is now August) concerning a virus that has essentially a 96.6% recovery rate (and there have been figures as high as 99.9%, but I need confirmation fact-checking on that)? Isn't herd immunity desired by people? Why did the "experts" not recommend masks in the height of the flu season (March-April), and in fact say they now recommend them - in the middle of summer? Does that make ANY sense whatsoever? Again, it is NOT a law requiring you to wear a mask as stated above. No consequence will result other than peer pressure (part of manufactured faux division) and if you are threatened with arrest, the court will throw the case out immediately and shine the light on those that do not work for our best interests. OSHA does not recommend these face coverings in most situations, and I will not subject my employees to face coverings unless they want to of their own accord. People have the right to not wear masks because of religious or medical reasons, and due to ADA and HIPAA laws you cannot be asked about that. While a business may refuse a person service, they can NOT discriminate against you as outlined in our Bill of Rights. According to a recent research article on the CDC website regarding the use of masks and hand washing, "...evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza." I have to admit, we are being had here. Look at the evidence yourself. It is from the esteemed CDC - the same place our rulers are cherry-picking their info from to impose draconian measures against us.
We are all adults here, and are capable of using common sense. We can make adult decisions concerning our own private health care as we have done in years past. As I see the evidence, we have no epidemic (per the CDC, "Nationally, levels of influenza-like illness (ILI) are below baseline." It appears we instead have an epidemic/pandemic of mind control by way of fear, confusion, and coercion. Any politician doing this is unfit for office and should be removed by due process. We elected them. They can also be un-elected. It's our constitutional right to do so if they are not acting in our best interests, or worse, being abusive in their duties towards us. They are not above the law. They work FOR us (and are supposed to). The Michigan Constitution, under Article 1 of our Bill of Rights, states:
§ 1 Political power. Sec. 1. All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal benefit, security and protection.
§ 2 Equal protection; discrimination. Sec. 2. No person shall be denied the equal protection of the laws; nor shall any person be denied the enjoyment of his civil or political rights or be discriminated against in the exercise thereof because of religion, race, color or national origin. The legislature shall implement this section by appropriate legislation.
§ 3 Assembly, consultation, instruction, petition. Sec. 3. The people have the right peaceably to assemble, to consult for the common good, to instruct their representatives and to petition the government for redress of grievances.
§ 4 Freedom of worship and religious belief; appropriations. Sec. 4. Every person shall be at liberty to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience. No person shall be compelled to attend, or, against his consent, to contribute to the erection or support of any place of religious worship, or to pay tithes, taxes or other rates for the support of any minister of the gospel or teacher of religion. No money shall be appropriated or drawn from the treasury for the benefit of any religious sect or society, theological or religious seminary; nor shall property belonging to the state be appropriated for any such purpose. The civil and political rights, privileges and capacities of no person shall be diminished or enlarged on account of his religious belief.
§ 5 Freedom of speech and of press. Sec. 5. Every person may freely speak, write, express and publish his views on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of such right; and no law shall be enacted to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press.
§ 6 Bearing of arms. Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
§ 7 Military power subordinate to civil power. Sec. 7. The military shall in all cases and at all times be in strict subordination to the civil power.
That is just the first page. I feel the need to post that as I see lots of folks (politicians included) flat out ignoring those Rights. (You can view the entire text of the Michigan Constitution here).
What we have now is CovidLand: Fact-free hysteria with dystopian measures that infringe on our civil rights.
While the virus is real and appears to be a little more than a mild sickness for most people - if that - the draconian measures imposed against us lawful citizens are absolutely unacceptable and unjust. Cases, in my opinion, are not a scientific basis for masks and endless restrictions, especially when the testing that is done is flawed in premise as explained by late inventor of the PCR test and Nobel Prize recipient Kary Mullis. Actual deaths are - and not ones combined with influenza and pneumonia, or other comorbidities. And even those combined deaths have been very low for the last 13 weeks in a row. That is not a recipe for an epidemic whatsoever. That should be very basic common sense for anyone. It seems like our elected officials don't know how to do basic math or science, and because of that impose abusive sanctions on good law-abiding citizens.
People often ask, "How did Nazi Germany and the Holocaust ever come to be anyhow?" Well, we seem to be living it right now. History seems to be repeating itself. It has been said that the draconian measures imposed on us will kill many more people than Covid ever will. That is absolutely unacceptable government abuse. It is clear they do not care about us citizens, even though they narcissisticly say they do. Those that don't see it need to wake up, turn off the TV and mainstream news, and pay attention and unite with their neighbor and stop supporting that which is actually oppressing us all.
To report violations of your rights, visit the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice.
These are the most common characteristics that are legally protected:
Disability including temporary or in recovery
Sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation
Language and national origin including ancestry and ethnicity
Family, marital, or parental status including pregnancy
I sincerely wish you and your families well through all of this. We all need eyes of discernment now more than ever. We need to be united in some very basic universal solutions, regardless of politics or health preferences. That goes for everyone - especially business owners. Our government and its media are doing everything they can it seems to make us divided and confused and scared - in order to control us. That should be glaringly obvious by now. And that is not OK. If you want to put an end to that, we need to stand together and stand up. We need to take back our power. We the People. It’s our right. That’s the bottom line.
Here is a very good video that essentially sums up what has happened and where we are as a nation and world. Enjoy the background video of one of my favorite movies, The Shawshank Redemption:
What to do about it? Citizens need to take charge.
Here in Michigan, they have. A non-partisan citizens initiative called Stand Up Michigan and Unlock Michigan are exercising their Constitutional rights by trying to legally repeal the antiquated 1945 Act that gives our governor endless emergency lockdown declarations without going through congress. She is unwilling to work with congress. This citizen's initiative is trying to put back a system of checks and balances that any state government SHOULD have. (There is still a 1976 Act that gives the governor power to institute a 28 day "emergency" declaration, and then congress votes to continue or discontinue it as they deem necessary). No governor should have unilateral power. This initiative rights that. As of September 2, 2020, it looks as if there are more than the required number of citizen signatures to do this (340,000). Nothing to this high level has ever been done before in this state, so quickly, with this much accuracy of verified signatures (92%). The rest of the nation is watching very closely at this historic development. UPDATE: As of October 1, there have been well over 500,000 verified signatures obtained - done in a record 80 days, and are set to go before the Secretary of State. Then it will move to congress for a vote.
There are lawsuits happening now where we are subsequently seeing the states of Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio relaxing their lockdown measures. The suit to really watch is the one being done in Ohio by attorney Tom Wenz filed in federal court - proving there is no actual emergency. If successful (and it looks very good), it will be a precedent for other states to do the same thing. You can view the 600+ pages filed here.
This is what democracy looks like!